After sawing the 45 degree angle, I double checked it.
Then I set up the jointer and gauge fence for clean up.
The fence helped keep the angle as I cleaned off the saw marks.
Then I did a final localized clean up with my block plane.
After I cleaned up, I double check the angle again.
Then I used my small router to create a mortise for the hinges.
One side of the hinge done.
Above is the process I used to create the fold down drawer front for the pull out key board tray. The drawer front is not yet cut to size so it will be significantly smaller.
Today I got the main part of the desk glued up and started finishing. I’ll let the sneak peeks speak for them self.
Main desk glue up.
I finished up all my drawers and fitting them into the cabinet today. I’m going to finish these parts while working on the main desk.
Gratuitous Tool Shot below.
We’ve had really nice, warm weather here. Translation, the garden is demanding to be tended. But I’ve been sneaking into the shop and working on my drawers .. no! not those drawers silly, these.
Trimmed the sides of the drawers to fiit.
Clamped on the glides and ..
Popped them in.
One more drawer to go and on to assembly.