Final Pictures of the Wall Cabinet

This entry was posted in final, wall cabinet. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Final Pictures of the Wall Cabinet

1. Nice work Marilyn! How'd like working with those knife hinges? My first time using them, was a little frustrating.Mike

2. Glenn says:

Nice finish. I really like how the dovetails pop. Great job!

3. There is something about this that I find really striking. I like it.I think maybe it is the adaptation of traditional forms and techniques to fit a modern need.

4. Julio Alonso says:

Amazing work Mary ! It is very pleasent to the eye

5. Thanks all! Lots of fun and with Marc's help, the hinges were not bad at all.

6. Vic Hubbard says:

Very nice! It turned out VERY well! Congrats!!

7. Darnell says:

Nicely done! The door panels are pretty spectacular.

8. dany chandra says:

Very nice blog of furniture sets….Bathroom Wall Cabinet

9. Lovely work, Marilyn! I've never used the African stuff. Does it darken significantly over time with an oil finish, too? Or is it just the South American stuff that does that?Now… about the use of outside oil on an inside cabinet.The OBVIOUS answer is that it is in a bathroom and thus subject to humidity changes and the outdoor finish is perfectly suited to handle the variances.But… it does make one wonder!

10. Ethan, African stuff is prone to tear out and if you're using planes, can be a pain in the butt. I ended up sanding the final cabinet. I also know that this stuff will darken because it did while kicking around in my garage. Does one wonder because there was concern that our bathroom was outside?? If so, no, we all about indoor plumbing up here in the Pacific NW. LOL!Thanks all for the compliments! It was a fun project.

11. bowsaw says:

Beautiful work – especially the drawer dovetails. I've never worked in mahogany… Now I have to try it!Also posting a link to your blog. Lots of good stuff here.Ross Henton http://bowsaw.wordpress.com

12. Thanks sooo much. Lookin' forward to see what you end up doing in mahogany.

13. Aaron says:

Beautiful work, Marilyn! And I am giggling at the pictures with the TP. Heh.

Thanks so mush Aaron. It was your sketch up draawing that was the inspiration for the TP shot as well as a working functioning cabinet. Thanks so much for you work on it! 🙂