Final Coffee Table Post – Glam Shots included

Here are a few more pictures of my work on the coffee table and a bit of the blow by blow. Β Oh and a little bit on how I store my hide glue.

Gallery | This entry was posted in coffee table, curly cherry and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Final Coffee Table Post – Glam Shots included

1. Beautiful table Marylin!

2. Dan Monsees says:

That top is lovely, Marilyn! It’ll be enjoyed for generations. Well done πŸ‘Œ

3. Walter Morgan says:

Nice Job.
    Walt

4. rondennis303 says:

Marilyn, Beautiful! The through tenon of the lower shelf is great! Do you freeze your “Hide Cubes”? Or is refrigeration sufficient?

5. Luther Shealy says:

Marilyn, Luther down here near Olympia. Have you found a great place to get wood around here? I basically am using crosscut woods or Eden saw (when I want to make the 2 hour drive) but have not found a real nice secret source of nice local wood. Any secrets you can share?

Hmmm .. well there’s Compton Lumber but it’s across the street from Crosscut. There is at least one guy down there that I see posting lumber on craigslist. You might also check out http://www.waneandflitch.com/. They’re in Tacoma and if there wood is too big slab for what you need maybe they could give you some tips.

israelmartinbenito rainerspeer Dan Monsees Walter Morgan rondennis303 Thanks all!!

7. Looks great. I love the technique of cutting the tapers by hand. Definitely a doh! moment for me – it’s so simple, why didn’t I think of that?