Framing my carving

I got a chance to frame my finished carving.  Here’s how I did it.

Final Acanthus Leaf framed (1 of 1

Gallery | This entry was posted in carving, Kitchen, Relief Carving, Sapele. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Framing my carving

That is absolutely wonderful. Perhaps I’ll have to get some of those hand tool things you speak of. Well done, Marilyn.

Thank you sir! Love having you as a fan. Watch out for the hand tool worm hole. It’s guaranteed to empty your wallet.

• tombuhl says:

I just received a LN tongue & groove plane. Will use to create back slats of my current book cabinet project. Slippery slope where we come. Perhaps I should cinch down my helmet, it could be a bumpy ride.

So cool! I love using that plane. You’re in trouble now!

2. Pingback: Framing my carving » Woodwork Projects & Plans

3. Gorgeous! The whole thing is a work of art.

4. So nice! I love the beading. Looks like I will be putting a beading plane on my list of things to buy from Lee Valley Tools.

Thank you all for your kind comments. This was a very fun small project! I’ve really enjoyed my plow plane and all the cool things it can do.

5. Looks great Marilyn. Quick question: do you find it easy to switch from the plow to beading attachments? Or is it a bit of pain?

Thanks,
    Shawn

Nope, easy peasie. It’s just like putting in a plow blade for cutting a groove. I haven’t yet used the extra wide blade and configuration .. so not sure how easy that is.