Originally I glued up the side pieces with the door width included. This made sure both the doors and case were squared together and the gain matched. After carefully squaring the back edges up, I trimmed off the door pieces. So now I have put the door pieces back on using the hinges.
I wanted to not be limited by hinges on the doors so I’m using .. yes, I know .. ugly piano hinges. I decided to mortise them in to make sure they don’t interfere with drawers and to make the whole thing look a bit more finished.
The router plane sure makes some fun shavings when you set it correctly. Now that the mortises for the door are in I know where the front of the dados for the shelves need to go.