Workin’ a bit more on the corrugated jointer

I worked on the corrugated jointer.  I decided to replace the blade to eliminated chatter and make for a better cut.  First, I needed to open the mouth just a tiny bit more to allow the thicker blade to fit through the mouth.

Surprise, surprise .. I found that the mouth was a bit crooked.  (Perhaps that’ll inspire a name for this plane – cock-eyed corgi?).

So I used my file to adjust and about a 1/32″ wider opening.

This was better.  But I had to do a little bit more work once the blade was in.

And now for nice shavings.

The blow by blow  from the beginning below.

This entry was posted in plane, tool, tool repair. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s