Kitchen Crown and a Final View of the Kitchen

Remember this? Way back when we started the Kitchen??  Well, I finally finished up the crown molding and we’re finally done.

Here’s a quick blow by blow on the jig and how I cut the larger angles.

And here are the final pics!

Gallery | This entry was posted in Kitchen and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Kitchen Crown and a Final View of the Kitchen

Well done, Marilyn. Quite the undertaking. Take a bow.

2. fitz says:

Congrats — it looks great!

3. mrbuddha1950 says:

Very nicely done.
    Please tell me about your flooring choice.

Mike

4. Andy says:

That looks really nice Marilyn. Great job. Since I am thinking about doing the same thing, I’d be interested in a lessons learned post.

5. Deniseg says:

This looks terrific. I love the curly maple bar and all the trim work. I’m inspired to take on more of my “little” projects.

6. Looks great Marilyn. Having done something similar this summer I can tell you the best part is when it’s over.

Thanks all!! The floor is Marmoleum. The biggest hang up on the project was the cabinets. We had a subcontractor make them and they’re beautiful, but he was 5 weeks late which really stretched out the project. Not sure what we could have done about that since I we in direct contact with the sub and actually visited his shop in person.

That said, I’m very happy with how it all turned out.

8. Tico Vogt says:

I’ll raise a glass to the end of this successful project.

9. toddclippinger says:

That looks great! What a relief! Many years of memories to come cooking and sharing meals!