Somethings just can’t wait ..

Don’t know if you remember this shot, but obviously, I need a bedside table.

current night stand (1 of 1)

So here it is .. with out the drawer.  I’ll make the drawer some time this week and post a final glamour shot.  But I wasted no time putting it to use and I’m very happy to have it.  The nice curly cherry if used for the door is a hand picked board from Hardwood To Go (Shannon Rogers).

Finish is shellac under Daly’s Pro Fin.

This entry was posted in bed side table, cherry, curly cherry, Edensaw, Hardwood to Go and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Somethings just can’t wait ..

1. orepass says:

Turned out very nice.

2. slowwood says:

she works wood realy good!

3. Very nice build, Marilyn.

Thanks ya’ll! It was a really fun project to do. Matter of fact .. I’m kinda sorry its over .. cept I really needed a bedside table. 😀

Looks great Marilyn! That drawer should go pretty quickly, although you’ll be running back and forth to fit it. Extra steps for the fitbit though 🙂

I decided to hang the nail cabinet I’m making without the drawers, just to get it out of the way. I need to get cracking on the drawers now.

Thanks! I’ll probably bring the table back into the shop for the drawer. I still need to wax the top and I’ve been giving the finish lots of time to completely cure.

Way to go on the nail cabinet. You can do the drawers when you run out of things to work on .. HA? 😉

6. I love the top. How long did it take you do it by hand? I’m thinking of using this technique on my dresser but the top is 65″ long. It’s way too long (i.e. “high”) for the table saw and I can’t think of a way to manage it with the track saw. Hand methods seem like the only way to go but I’ve never done it before. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Marilyn.

7. I have been waiting to see this door ever since I shipped off that piece of Cherry. Do you think you have enough left to make a drawer front out of it? Really great work Marilyn!

I totally have enough to make a drawer front. I’ve been debating if I should do that or just use some rift sawn material so as not to take away from the door. Decisions, decisions …