Desk pull out work surface, bread board ends and draw bored pegs

Above are all the steps I used to make the pull out work surface for the desk.  Next I’ll make the three drawers that will sit in the cabinet and then I’ll be finished with the case.

This entry was posted in desk, finish, router and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Desk pull out work surface, bread board ends and draw bored pegs

1. Jim B says:

Great photo story of the process. Glad you made it back into the shop.

2. Marti says:

I like seeing the steps of your work. Very interesting.

3. Rick says:

Looks like a good weekends work. Almost there, looks great

4. strolgen says:

how did you made the dowel for the bread board? Another question, did you also offset the elongated holes? looking good.

I bought the dowel from Rockler and ran them through my lie nielsen dowel cutter. When I make dowels, I trim them close to size and run them through the dowel cutter also.

And yes, I offset the elongated holes. I anticipate movement in the direction of the elongation, but not in the perpendicular direction.

Thanks for reading!

That’s a really complex desk design. Drawers, bifold doors, slide out work surfaces. It’s going to be amazing when you get it done.