Desk .. Done .. Thank Goodness!

I finally finished the desk and breathed a sigh of relief that it turned out OK.  It was certainly a project that challenged me and certainly elevated my woodworking skills. 

It was not, however, my favorite project.  I followed plan which was actually overly complicated and had some confusing mistakes. That was a big part of problem (I’m talking to you Fine Woodworking).  Marc over at the Wood Whisperer help me simplify things and got me off of dead center.  AND … the project also took me waaay longer than I thought it would. I’ve been itching to move on.  Anyway, its all done!  Curly Cherry from Hardwood to Go.

Glamour Shots!

wrap around feet (1 of 2)
Curly cherry drawer fronts and doors.

The pull out key board is drying in the garage and I still need one more knob for the doors.  But, at least for this weekend, there’s no more time to work on it.  Finish is Daly’s Profin over one coat of shellac.

Here’s a post on how Marc helped me simplfy the project – Getting help and simplifying

All posts associated with this project are here under the Desk Project Tab.

Creating the key board drawer front

Above is the process I used to create the fold down drawer front for the pull out key board tray.  The drawer front is not yet cut to size so it will be significantly smaller.