Here’s the wine rack installed. I used Daly’s Profin again for the finish, sanding in the first coat with 400 grit paper and then adding in two additional coats. Wine bottles sit in cut out that I used a rasp to shape. Shelves are mounted in dados with glue and screws. Wood is Paduk.
I cut out the shape for the wine bottles to rest in and then used my rasps to clean up the shape.
Then on to the glue up. This was a relatively easy glue up.
I made some progress on the wine rack yesterday. This isn’t a difficult project, I just haven’t had time to work on it.
After squaring up my shelves and making them look pretty, I used the drill press and a hole saw to rough out the holes for the bottles.
The Paduk is really pretty wood and looks beautiful with just a planed surface.
Check out the figured walnut in my Wenzloff saw. Wish I could take credit for that handle.
Here’s the lay out. Now on to dado making and shaping the holes with rasps.
My Work Bench Journey
.. and, yep, I’m also still working on the wine rack.
Things have been a little busy, so its slow goin’.