TV Lift Table Drawer Fronts

Well, now that I figured out my logo (thanks again Tom!), I better go do some woodworking.  So today, I fit the final fronts to the drawers and added oil rubbed bronze handles so I could get rid of the ugly blue tape.

Bedside table drawer done

I finally finished up the drawer for my bedside table.  I’ll be working on the TV lift table but progress and blogging will be sparse.  I’m dealing with a medical issue (my knee) that’s going to make it difficult to do much woodworking for the next few months .. at least. 

Anyway, final shots of the Bedside Table:

Rails and tenons – Bed Side Table

After squaring my pieces up nice and neat, and then laying out the tenons.  I used the following process to cut the 14 12 tenons in the project

Step 1: Using a shim the same size as the tenon plus the blade width, I cut the cheeks of the tenon to the lay out line.

bst cutting tenons (1 of 1)

Step 2: Then I cut the tenon waste off with my hand saw.

bst cutting cheeks (1 of 1)

Step 3: After lining up the tenon with the mortises, I cut the ears to fit.

bst frame (1 of 1)

Finishing up the doors

Above are the steps I went through to finish up the doors.  Again the doors are simply set into place using the hinges as spacers.  I thought I was going to be able to get to the hinges today, but no luck.

Next hinges, 3 more drawers, the pull out shelf, the key board shelf and then on to assembly.  

Many miles to go before I sleep.